- 7 Hours
Mac or PC provided
We provide computers to use during class. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
- Small in-person class
Students may retake the course once within six months if there is an available seat.
- 185 Madison Avenue, NYC
Discover core Excel features required for most data-focused roles. The intermediate course covers advanced hotkeys for workbook navigation, analyzing data with Pivot Tables, using database functions like VLOOKUP. You’ll also learn how to combine text in multiple cells, split cell text in one cell to two, and create dropdowns with data validation.
Realistic Excel Training for Work
Intermediate Excel students complete hands-on exercise throughout the course. Using our proprietary curriculum––the instructor will teach, explain, and provide you with an opportunity to complete the task on your own and ask questions.
Complimentary Access to Video Tutorials
As an Excel student, you’ll receive access to the Intermediate Excel library, featuring short tutorial-style videos that explain mid-level Excel concepts. Conveniently view the videos on desktop, mobile, and tablet.
Take the Course Again on Us
Job interview coming up? Gearing up for a new Excel project? So long as seats are available, you can take your Excel course again within 6 months of your first enrollment.
Enroll in Bootcamp to Save 15%
Not sure if the intermediate bootcamp is right for you? Our Excel bootcamp is the perfect option for busy professionals that want to become advanced users quickly. Learn everything you need to know to become an Excel expert in just three short days and save 15% on enrollment.
Beginner Microsoft Excel or knowledge equivalent to the previous level.
Video Training Included
This course includes lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Looking for corporate training?
We offer custom onsite training and discounted class vouchers.
- Navigate Worksheet with Keyboard Shortcuts
- Create Dropdown Menu
- Analyze Data
- Use Logical Functions
- Use Statistical Functions
- Analyze Data with PivotTables
I have used Excel at work for years but I picked up so many tips and learned new functionality. I will be much more efficient after this class!
Chipo Sachirarwe, TMc
Really enjoyed this course. Super succinct and covers a wide range of topics.
Kelly Ginsberg, L'Oreal
OMG! Ade was an excellent instructor! He explained things in a very clear way; he was thorough yet not overwhelmingly so. Definitely would recommend.
TiffanyMarie Gorritz, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.com
Great class if you're looking to enhance your professional skills!
Danniel Pandolfi, David Yurman
I feel confident about VLOOKUPs now after attending this course.
Alexandra Clark, Lazard Asset Management
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Keyboard shortcuts that facilitate quick and easy navigation around the worksheet
- Use Paste Special to apply formats, as well as perform calculations on selected cells
Working with Text
- Use Text to Columns to split text into multiple cells
- Join text from separate cells
- Assign a name to a range of cells to make it easier to reference those ranges in calculations
- Create a drop-down menu to make data entry quicker and more efficient
Sort & Filter
- Use Sort & Filter to find and organize data in large databases
- Use Remove Duplicates to eliminate duplicate data
- Use Vlookup to find information in one column and return information from another column
- Use Hlookup to find information in one row and return information from a second row
VLOOKUP - Closet Match
- If an "Exact Match" cannot be found, Vlookup can still be used to find the closest match
- Tests to see whether multiple conditions are true
- Use IF statements to return output based on the contents of another cell
- Create Pivot Tables to quickly summarize large databases
Pivot Tables & Grouping
- Group within Pivot Tables
Multiple Pivot Tables
- Create multiple Pivot Tables on a single worksheet
- Use Rank.eq and Rank.avg functions to determine a cell's position within a larger array
- Use COUNTIFS function to count cells based on one or more conditions
- Use SUMIFS function to sum cells based on one or more conditions
- Combine two or more charts into a single chart, with the option of adding a secondary axis
End of Class Project
- End of class project to review key concepts from the class