- 7 Hours
Mac or PC provided
We provide computers to use during class. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
- Small in-person class
Students may retake the course once within six months if there is an available seat.
- 185 Madison Avenue, NYC
Get the hang of Excel formulas, functions, charts, and workbook formatting. This beginner course is the perfect introduction to Excel for self-taught users and complete beginners alike. Develop a command of time-saving Excel shortcuts and hotkeys.
Practical Real-World Training
Our Excel course includes practical exercises that walk you through the basics. Learn the concept, watch an example, complete an activity with the new concept on your own. At the end of the course, you’ll keep your training guide for reference whenever you use Excel.
Comprehensive Excel Video Suite
Students in our Beginner Excel course, receive access to our companion video suite, featuring beginner level video lessons available for viewing on desktop, mobile, and tablet. These video tutorials explain popular Excel concepts in simple steps.
Need a refresher? No problem! After you’ve signed up for the course, you can retake within 6 months of your original enrollment free of charge (and so long as there is an available seat in the class).
Get 15% off by Enrolling in Bootcamp
Is your goal to become an advanced Excel user? Save money and sign up for our three-day Excel Bootcamp and save 15% on your enrollment fees.
None; basic computer skills
Looking for corporate training?
We offer custom onsite training and discounted class vouchers.
- Get started with Microsoft Office Excel 2016
- Perform Calculations
- Modify Text
- Format a Worksheet
- Create Charts and Tables
- Manage Workbooks
This course is outstanding! Anyone who wants to learn all the basics for excel for business, beginner should take this course. The instruction was excellent and the format of actually working through excel problems to reinforce the different areas covered was outstanding!!!
Lisa R., Deutsche Bank
Took the Word and Excel basics as a refresher. The teachers covered the key features well. I like that you can do a free retake if needed. So much is covered that it acts to further reinforce the learning. A thoughtful addition is water, coffee, and bagels free to each student.
Emily Ann M.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Provides a brief description of the user interface for Microsoft Excel
- Examines and describes multiple means of entering data
- Explores Excel's amazing ability to predict and extrapolate patterns
- Perform mathematical expressions and review the Order of Operations rule
True or False
- Tests to see whether criteria is true/false
- Review the five key functions: Sum, Average, Max, Min, and Count Numbers
- Introduces functions used to modify text in Excel
- More advanced functions that require more than one input
Absolute Cell References
- Changing a cell reference into a constant, which is necessary for certain calculations
- The addition of effects to an excel document to provide visual instruction
- The ability to copy format from one cell/range of cells to another cell/range of cells
- Apply a predetermined format based on specified rules
Charts & Tables
- Create a Line chart and Spark lines to visually examine data
- Create a Column chart to visually examine data
- Create a Pie chart to visually examine data
- Explore the special functionality created when data is converted to a Table
- Rules and strategies to make printing easy
- Insert, move, copy and delete worksheets
- Use the F4 key to duplicate a prior action
- 5 Fundamental keyboard shortcuts and a review of others previously covered
End of Class Project
- End of class project to review key concepts from the class
Save and Close
- Save, close and email the completed workbook