Hands-on MOS Certifications in New York City
Advance your career—earn your MOS (Microsoft Office) Specialist certification at Career Centers! Our certification training programs offer unparallelled resources to ensure that you succeed in your first attempt. We’ve developed a reputation for high passing rates and look forward to helping you succeed.
Benefits of Microsoft Certification at The Career Centers
- Select Your Schedule - Choose from day, evening, and weekend group class
- Two for One - Get a free retake of your course within six months of enrollment
- Talented Trainers - Learn from instructors with real-world business experience
- Custom Curriculum - Developed by our instructors for quick and efficient training
- Free Video Tutorials - Get free access to Excel and PowerPoint training videos
- Free Exam and Proctoring - Take the exam and get proctoring for free
- Private Tutoring - Receive two hours of private tutoring before the exam
- Free retake - Sit the exam for free if you don’t pass your first attempt
- Most Affordable - Get access to all of the above and more for one convenient fee
What are Microsoft Certifications?
Microsoft provides certification opportunities for most Office applications. The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification indicates proficiency in a given software program and is available for Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word. The Microsoft Office Expert (MOE) certification is only available in Excel and Word and indicates the highest level of mastery in an application.
The Master Certification is an MS Office degree of sorts, indicating proficiency in MS Office Suite. To earn Microsoft’s Master Certification, you must complete the following:
- MOE Certification Excel
- MOE Certification in Word
- MOS Certification in PowerPoint
- MOS Certification in Access or Outlook
MOS certification exams include:
- Access 2016: Core Database Management (Exam 77-730)
- Excel 2016: Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Presentation (Exam 77-727)
- Outlook 2016: Core Communication, Collaboration and Email Skills (77-731)
- PowerPoint 2016: Core Presentation, Design, and Delivery Skills (Exam 77-729)
- Word 2016: Core Document Creation, Collaboration, and Communication (Exam 77-725)
What are the steps to getting Microsoft Certified?
- Choose a certification exam - there are a variety of certification exams to choose from that are linked to various versions of the program.
- Review the exam guide - Once you’ve chosen a program, review the exam guide to review the test topics.
- Get training - Enroll in one of our certification preparation courses to prepare for the MOS or MOE certification of your choice. You can also pursue self-study
- Register for the exam - Sign up at an approved test center, and get ready to earn your certification.
How do I earn a certification?
After completing the necessary steps, you still need to pass the exam. To pass the certification exam, you must score 70% or higher. The certification does not expire. That said, it is essential to keep in mind that certifications are tied to a specific version of the software. For example, the Excel MOS exam is Excel 2016: Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Presentation (Exam 77-727) evaluates competency in Excel 2016.
Contact us today to discuss your Microsoft Certification options, including MOS and MOE exams. Private tutoring is available for students who need additional training or who are unable to make scheduled courses. We can also coordinate private group training for corporate teams.