Though most people use Microsoft Excel to manage data, Microsoft created the Access application to manage large datasets. Microsoft Access is usually sold as a standalone project or in the Professional version of the Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Access is not currently available as an online or cloud-based program, such as Office365.
Microsoft Access has several advantages over Microsoft Excel:
- Access stores records in databases, as opposed to cells in a spreadsheet, thus eliminating the need for formulas and the risk of inaccurate data if a cell is altered
- Access offers more tools and features to increase data integrity, such as lookup lists and validation rules
- Access allows you to query and report large datasets quickly; unlike Excel, you don’t have to wait for connected spreadsheets or workbooks to load data
- Access has the ability to import and manipulate data in Excel spreadsheets
Microsoft Access Classes in Manhattan, NYC at Career Centers
In our Microsoft Access classes, you’ll learn the basics of database management, including when and why it’s advantageous to use a database program. We offer beginner to advanced courses, in addition to informational classes that cover the basics of relational database management systems. We also provide MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) Access certification.
Our three Microsoft Access classes include a beginner, intermediate, and advanced level. Each course builds upon the previous level and includes practical exercises to use MS Access with ease. Each seven-course can be completed in one day.
- In Microsoft Access Level I, students will create a simple database, initiate basics queries, and generate reports.
- In Microsoft Access Level II, students will create a relational database, learn how to organize the database, and use advanced reporting features, like subreports.
- In Microsoft Access Level III, students will import and export data with Access, use VBA and macros to automate tasks, and create a database switchboard.
Microsoft Access Bootcamp in New York
For complete beginners that want to master Access quickly, the Microsoft Access bootcamp is a great way to get ahead. The 14-hour course combines Microsoft Access Levels I and II. The two-day courses cover everything from designing a database to importing and exporting data to other applications.
Earn a Microsoft Access Certification in NYC
The Microsoft Access certification course provides aspiring database managers with essential training and proof of their expertise. Our certification bundle includes group classes, two hours of one-on-one tutoring with an instructor, and the exam and proctoring fee. If you don’t pass the certification exam on your first attempt, the retake is on us.
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) Courses in New York
Microsoft Access is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). If you’re new to databases and database management, the Relational Database Fundamentals course will bring you up to speed on how a database works. You’ll learn about tables, relationships between databases, how to query data within a database, and how to write SQL queries.
Why Study Microsoft Access at Career Centers
- Practical Exercises - Learn by doing with short exercises designed to teach skills
- Computer and software - Use our computer lab and software during the course
- Private tutoring - Take advantage of private training if you can’t make scheduled classes
- Certification - Earn an MS Access certification with free exam fee and proctoring
- Detailed Workbook - Keep your course workbook for reference after the class
Career Centers offers convenient group classes, private training, and corporate training in Microsoft Access. We can work with you to create a custom study plan to achieve career goals and mastery. Contact us today to discuss Microsoft Access training options.