An Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
If you use Excel daily, especially if you complete the same tasks repeatedly, learning VBA is an investment that is well worth your time. VBA is used to write macros, which are blocks of code that automate repetitive tasks. You can write code with the VBA editor or Developer tab.
There are two specific use cases when you want to use VBA:
- Conducting multi-step tasks that require you to sit at a computer for hours
- Expanding the functionality of Excel to include a form or user interface
The benefits of using VBA include:
- Reduce human error - with VBA, you’ll reduce human error by automating tasks
- Increase your value - boost your role within the company as the resident Excel expert
- Save money - Save money by saving time when you automate tasks with VBA
- Learn quickly - You don’t need to learn new software; build on your existing Excel skills
Visual Basic for Applications Classes in NYC
At Career Centers, our VBA classes feature an interactive training model and job-focused VBA training. Our Excel programming with VBA courses help you to work more quickly and efficiently, regardless of how you use Excel. These classes are ideal for any Excel user that would like to reduce the capacity for error while speeding up workflow.
We cover a variety of topics in our Excel VBA courses, including the following:
- Creating user forms
- Evaluating code
- Generating complicated macros
- Maintaining secure worksheets
- Making the most of troubleshooting
- Understanding logic and looping statements
- Using the macro recorder
- Utilizing error trapping
- Working with variables
- Writing macros
Register for Excel VBA Classes in NYC at Career Centers
Career Centers offers the best value for VBA classes in NYC. When you register for VBA classes at Career Centers, you get more than just a training class. We provide software, hardware, and even light refreshments to keep you comfortable while learning. You don’t have to worry about bringing anything to class, except yourself!
Our seasoned instructors bring real-world experience to the classroom––your instructor has experience using VBA to solve challenges on the job, and will teach you how to do the same. In these interactive courses, you’ll complete targeted exercises for each and every new VBA concept that you learn. Our classes are small, so you’ll have time to ask questions and get personalized assistance from the instructor.
At the end of our Excel VBA courses, you’ll be able to automate tasks with complex macros and write efficient code designed to reduce errors. You’ll receive a course workbook you can use to recreate exercises and review reference material as needed after the course. You’re also entitled to a free retake of your VBA course within 6 months.
VBA Classes in Manhattan, NYC
Our VBA 1 and 2 courses are designed for experienced Excel users that know their way around Pivot Tables and basic Excel formulas and functions. In just two days, you’ll learn enough VBA to use the program on your own. Both courses also feature a final lesson to help you troubleshoot common errors with code.
VBA 1 begins with an introduction to the VBA editor, while VBA 2 delves deeper into each topic, covering NESTED IF statements and user-defined functions. Many of the lessons in this course extend to other Microsoft programs that are compatible with VBA, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
Enroll in VBA 1 and VBA 2 courses together and save 20%
Not yet proficient in Excel? No problem! Our Excel courses offer training for everyone from complete beginners with no prior Excel experience to Excel power users that are ready to take their skills to the next level.
- Basic Excel users that haven’t experienced the power of Pivot Tables will get an intro to this feature in our Intermediate Class
- For frequent Excel users that want to harness the application’s full potential, the Advanced Excel Class provides everything you need to know
- Our Microsoft Excel Bootcamp combines the Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Classes for Excel users that really want to get ahead
All of our Excel courses are offered at our training facility in Midtown Manhattan. We travel within the Tri-state area, or for an additional travel fee, we can travel anywhere in the USA.
Corporate VBA Training and Professional Development
If your office relies on Microsoft Excel for daily tasks, learning Visual Basic for Applications is a great way to reduce errors and increase efficiency. We offer private classes and corporate training for small groups. Our courses are available on weekdays and weekends at our facility or yours. Contact us today for a free consultation.