Tableau Training in NYC
What is Tableau?
Tableau is a data analytics tool used for data visualization––charts, maps, graphs, and plots––Tableau does it all. When referring to Tableau, most people mean Tableau Desktop, which is a license-based software that allows data analysis to prepare data visualizations from datasets and databases. Tableau desktop is just one of four primary products:
- Tableau Prep - prepares data for analysis by cleaning (standardizing data formats and input for analysis)
- Tableau Desktop - boasts a powerful interface that empowers data analysts to create stories with data using charts, maps, and other visual aids
- Tableau Online - enables users to share their visualizations within a secure system that allows the recipient to manipulate data views with filters
- Tableau Server - adds enterprise-level security to the Tableau system, allowing large corporations to analyze and visualize sensitive data with peace of mind
Why Should I Use Tableau?
The beauty of Tableau is that both novices and seasoned data analysts will find the tool extremely useful. Beginners can use Tableau’s built-in analysis features to evaluate data and spot trends when not sure where to begin. On the other hand, seasoned data analysts may rely on their analytical skills to uncover findings.
Large corporations prefer Tableau because it provides high-level visual insights that anyone can understand, regardless of their exposure to data and analysis. For example, a map showing the top sales areas in the US is easier to understand than a spreadsheet of cities and data. A visual representation in Tableau shows geographic information trends and info that aren’t readily visible in a table of data.
What Will You Learn in Tableau Courses at Career Centers
At Career Centers, we offer Tableau training for beginners and experienced data analysts. In our project-based courses, our instructor will walk you through step-by-step training exercises in Tableau. You’ll learn how to:
- Track data in real time
- Edit and analyze data
- Connect to data sources like Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, and more
- Create charts, maps, graphs and other visualizations of data
- Manipulate data dashboards showing multiple metrics
- Share customizable data dashboards that your stakeholders can edit
Tableau Classes in Manhattan, New York
At Career Centers, we provide everything you need to master Tableau. Because you don’t need technical or coding skills, Tableau is the perfect tool to learn for professionals that need to learn data analysis. When you sign up for Tableau classes at Career Centers, you’ll get the following:
- Proprietary class workbook with step-by-step Tableau training exercises
- Computer and Tableau software provided during classes
- Convenient weekday, evening, weekend, and private scheduling options
- Small class sizes with personalized attention from the instructor to answer your questions
Career Centers offer two courses for Tableau learners. Tableau Level I begins with an overview of data visualization and the tools available in the public version of Tableau. Learners will work through activities to master datasets, connecting to data sources, and manipulating data to create a custom visualization.
In Tableau Level I, students are introduced to the field of data visualization and the various tools Tableau Public offers. Through concepts and exercises, Students will learn to identify datasets to connect to, explore, analyze, filter, and structure their data to create their desired Visualizations. Tableau Level II explores how to create geographic maps and representations of data, as well as advanced functions to control data dashboards. Students who want to master Tableau quickly can enroll in the Tableau bootcamp, which covers Tableau Level I and II.