Coding Bootcamps in New York City
You don’t have to pay tens of thousands of dollars upfront and quit your job to learn how to code. At Career Centers, you have the freedom to take individual classes on a specific topic or take multiple courses simultaneously. Choose from weekday, evening, and weekend-only classes to accommodate your schedule. Our flexible training model allows you to create your learning path.
Not sure if coding is right for you? Try a workshop or one-day course. If you like the course, continue taking additional courses in a topic area to earn a certificate. Our module-based learning model gives you the flexibility to learn on your terms and at your own pace.
Curious about coding? Read more to learn about New York coding classes and bootcamps. Most of our coding courses are held at our Noble Desktop location in Midtown.
Learn Front-End Web Development in NYC
- Intro to HTML and CSS is the best introductory course for anyone curious about coding. Design a website with HTML and learn how to organize content with CSS.
- Flexbox, Grid, and Bootstrap provides an introduction into advanced layout techniques using CSS and the Bootstrap framework.
Take a deep dive into web development with these certificate programs
- The Web Design Certificate includes all of the courses listed above, along with the Adobe XD Bootcamp and Visual Design Portfolio Bootcamp.
Learn Back-End Web Development in NYC
Early websites were nothing more than a digital billboard. They usually contained pictures and text that didn’t change, and there was no way for the user to interact with this content. Today’s sites offer the opportunity to interact. Examples of interactions include:
- Typing information in a search engine and receiving results
- Commenting on a website article
- Logging into your social media account
The above web interactions are possible with back-end web development. To create the back-end of a website you need:
- Web server - a computer that runs the website
- Database - to store information, such as search engine results, comments, or account information that can be retrieved
- Server-side (or back-end) coding language to communicate with the database and server to produce this information
Common back-end coding languages include Python, Ruby on Rails, PHP, and more. If you like details, and working with data, programming the back-end of a website may be for you.
- Python for Data Science and Python for Machine Learning are intensive programs. Use Python to scrape data from websites (data science) or analyze data and create visualizations (machine learning).
- The Ruby on Rails Bootcamp is ideal for individuals that want to design interactive web applications. By the end of this class, you’ll build a fully-functional web application.
- The PHP and MySQL Bootcamp helps you create an interactive website from a simple HTML page. Learn PHP syntax and MySQL queries to design the perfect site.
Not sure whether to choose front-end or back-end development? No problem! The following courses are helpful whether you plan to study front-end or back-end development. You may also consider the Full-Stack Certificate program, which teaches both front and back-end development.
Read HTML articles in our blog section to learn everything about web design and development. You will find great tips.