What is Microsoft Project?
Microsoft Project is the premiere software used in the field of project management. It’s used in a variety of industries, from construction to healthcare and engineering. It was developed by Microsoft Office and is sold as a standalone product.
Typically individuals that enroll in Microsoft Project have:
- Training and experience with the principles of project management
- Responsibility for planning and managing projects
- Need for a tool to manage project deliverables and reporting
Project managers can use Microsoft Project for more than a simple timeline or project tracking. The following are just a few ways that project managers can use Microsoft Project to stay up-to-date with projects:
- Develop a project timeline
- Assign specific tasks to team members
- Track progress towards deadlines and milestones
- Manage the budget and allocate resources
- Evaluate workload
- Gather and monitor business intelligence
- Generate graphical reports
Microsoft Project Classes in Manhattan, NYC
Career Centers offers basic and advanced Microsoft Project courses. Our Microsoft Project courses cover Microsoft Project 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016, as well as cloud-based versions of the software. In addition to courses in Microsoft Project, we also offer entry-level and advanced courses in project management to review project management basics before jumping into project management.
The Microsoft Project Level I course provides an overview of the program and the process of starting a project using Microsoft Project. Students will learn how to propose, build a project, and submit the project plan for approval. Specific lessons focus on importing project tasks from other applications, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and allocating resources.
In Microsoft Project Level II, students will learn advanced features of Microsoft Project and how to leverage these features during an active project. Throughout the course, students will learn how to review, evaluate, and update a project plan, create reports, and customize the program for their specific project or needs.
Intro to Project Management covers project management terminology, the phases of the project, and the duties and tasks of a project manager. Advanced Project Management reviews managing challenges, resource management, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Both courses make an excellent complement to Project Management courses.
Project Management Certification
Are you interested in certification? The ability to create and manage projects in Microsoft Project is an essential skill for aspiring project managers. But the best way to build your career in Project Management is to earn a certification. Learn more about our Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) bootcamp programs.
The Benefits of Studying Project Management at Career Centers
Registering for a Microsoft Project course at Career Centers in New York City provides more than just a single training session. Our unique approach to training is designed to maximize your time and ensure your success. When you register for a Microsoft Project course at Career Centers, you’ll receive the following:
- Small classes - Learn in small groups to ensure you get personal attention and can ask questions
- Custom workbook - Continue your training long after the course with your custom course workbook complete with instructions, sample exercises, and your notes from the course
- Free retake - Retake your course within six months of your first enrollment at no additional charge
- Experienced instructors - Receive top-notch training from our instructor with decades of experience in project management
- Computer and software access - Use our computer and software programs during the course at no additional charge
- Real-world exercises - Work through real-world scenarios and tasks and develop skills that you will use on the job
Our staff is available to provide private one-to-one, small group, and corporate training in Microsoft Project and project management. We can host private training sessions in our Midtown Manhattan location, or come to you. Contact us today to discuss your training needs.