Introduction to Finance
The finance industry is an integral part of our economy––without it, many individuals wouldn’t be able to purchase essentials like cars and homes. For most people, financing a car, home, boat, or other big-ticket item means repaying a loan over several years. Although the best way to finance a purchase is with cash, it’s just not possible for most people.
For many corporations, financing with debt is also the norm. New York’s top equity firms invest millions of dollars in acquiring other firms. Many companies use debt and equity financing to avoid the risk of losing all their cash in a single purchase.
Finance isn’t only for executives and investment bankers. Financial analysts are an important part of the finance process because they build financial models to assess corporate spending. At Career Centers, our Finance courses are designed for accountants, financial analysts, Excel power users, and any professional with interest in corporate finance, the stock market, or real estate. We offer a variety of courses and training options to help you get started.
Finance Classes at Career Centers
At Career Centers, our courses include an introduction to finance, accounting, and investment principles, as well as specialized training on Excel to conduct financial analysis and build financial models.
- Financial Modeling Bootcamp - For finance professionals that already know and work with Excel features like Pivot Tables, learn everything you need to become a financial analyst
- Advanced Excel for Financial Modeling - Learn advanced Excel features to build more robust financial models and audit existing models
- Intro to Corporate Finance - Learn finance for corporations including Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Stocks, Bonds, and Options
- Stock Market Investing Fundamentals - Master the basics to start your career on the stock––examine how stock prices are calculated, valuation, and earnings releases
- Commercial Real Estate Investments - Discover the types of properties to invest in and the factors that influence their value, including rents, leases, and security deposits
- Intro to Financial Accounting - Evaluate financial reports, develop an understanding of the three types of financial statements and how they fit together to tell a complete story
The Best Finance Classes in NYC at Career Centers
At Career Centers, we cover the essential skills you need to become a successful financial analyst with live, classroom instruction. You will learn from the best teachers in New York City, former investment bankers, that use our custom curriculum focused on real-world scenarios.
You’ll master the technical side of building financial models with lessons on Excel features, and you’ll learn the basics of finance and accounting that you need to construct accurate financial models. Our instructors use real-world data to walk you through creating valuations of publicly traded firms. By the end of the course, you’ll understand and be able to implement practical solutions used by private equity professionals, hedge fund managers, and investment bankers.
Finance Class Prerequisites and Vocabulary
In our finance courses at Career Centers, you will learn about the following topics:
- Black-Scholes Model
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Valuation
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Statements
- Futures vs. Options
- Leveraged Buyouts (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Private Equity
- Working Capital
Private Finance Tutoring at Career Centers
Are you an aspiring financial analyst? Or a finance executive in need of a refresher? Whether you’re an MBA student or an experienced finance professional, our brilliant instructors at Career Centers can help you fill knowledge gaps.
We offer convenient private tutoring to individuals and small groups whose current schedule prevents them from enrolling in a custom course, as well as those that want a custom solution based on our classes. Call our instructors today for a free consultation, to discuss how a private tutoring, professional development, or corporate training session can help you meet your goals.