This course focuses on Illustrator CC, the component within CC used to create "drawn" graphics, while enabling its users to integrate content from other domains (such as photo-oriented graphics and animation, which belong to Photoshop and Flash). With Illustrator's many, easily used tools, you will discover that not only can you unlock the same creative impulses you've always had as you've picked up a pencil to sketch out an idea, but also capture those multiple ideas and "what ifs" during the creative process in ways that you never imagined. And for those of you who are just embarking on building your creative skills, you will be surprised at "how good" your work will appear even at the outset of your exploration of the world of graphic design.
What You'll Learn in this Class:
- Identify the components and capabilities of Adobe Illustrator.
- Create basic shapes.
- Create custom paths.
- Create graphics that contain custom text.
- Customize objects.
- Customize basic shapes.
- Prepare documents for deployment.
Students should have a basic understanding of Windows, including how to use files and folders.
Beginner Adobe Illustrator Training Outline
1. Straight Lines• Using the Pen Tool
• Adjusting the Workspace
• Arranging Objects
• Color Fills
2. Curves• Drawing Curves (Pen Tool)
• Anchor Points and Direction Points
• Default Fill and Stroke
3. Corners and Curves• Drawing Corners and Curves (Pen Tool)
• Adjusting Anchor Points
4. No Smoking Sign• Fill and Stroke
• Basic Shape Tools
• Grouping Objects
• Layers Panel
• Working with Templates
• Saving Illustrator Files: Options
5. Super Hero• Live Trace and Live Paint
• Tracing Hand-Drawn Images