CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Overview
The CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA A+certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
What You'll Learn in this Class:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
To register for this course students must either take, or have the equivalent working knowledge of, the following courses, Basic Windows skills and fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts are required. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following courses: and a CompTIA A+ certification or the equivalent skills and knowledge, is helpful but not required.
CompTIA Network+ Training Outline
Lesson 1: Network Theory• Topic A: Networking Terminology
• Topic B: Network Categories
• Topic C: Standard Network Models
• Topic D: Physical Network Topologies
• Topic E: Logical Network Topologies
Lesson 2: Network Communications Methods• Topic A: Data Transmission Methods
• Topic B: Media Access Methods
• Topic C: Signaling Methods
Lesson 3: Network Media and Hardware• Topic A: Bounded Network Media
• Topic B: Unbounded Network Media
• Topic C: Noise Control
• Topic D: Network Connectivity Devices
Lesson 4: Network Implementations• Topic A: Ethernet Networks
• Topic B: Wireless Networks
Lesson 5: Networking Models• Topic A: The OSI Model
• Topic B: The TCP/IP Model
Lesson 6: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery• Topic A: The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
• Topic B: IP Addressing
• Topic C: Default IP Addressing Schemes
• Topic D: Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
• Topic E: Implement IPv6 Addresses
• Topic F: Delivery Techniques
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services• Topic A: Assign IP Addresses
• Topic B: Domain Naming Services
• Topic C: TCP/IP Commands
• Topic D: Common TCP/IP Protocols
• Topic E: TCP/IP Interoperability Services
Lesson 8: LAN Infrastructure• Topic A: Switching
• Topic B: Enable Static Routing
• Topic C: Implement Dynamic IP Routing
• Topic D: Virtual LANs
• Topic E: Plan a SOHO Network
Lesson 9: WAN Infrastructure• Topic A: WAN Transmission Technologies
• Topic B: WAN Connectivity Methods
• Topic C: Voice over Data Transmission
Lesson 10: Remote Networking• Topic A: Remote Network Architectures
• Topic B: Remote Access Networking Implementations
• Topic C: Virtual Private Networking
• Topic D: VPN Protocols
Lesson 11: System Security• Topic A: Computer Security Basics
• Topic B: System Security Tools
• Topic C: Authentication Methods
• Topic D: Encryption Methods
Lesson 12: Network Security• Topic A: Network Perimeter Security
• Topic B: Intrusion Detection and Prevention
• Topic C: Protect Network Traffic Using IPSec
Lesson 13: Network Security Threats and Attacks• Topic A: Network-Based Security Threats and Attacks
• Topic B: Apply Threat Mitigation Techniques
• Topic C: Educate Users
Lesson 14: Network Management• Topic A: Network Monitoring
• Topic B: Configuration Management Documentation
• Topic C: Network Performance Optimization
Lesson 15: Network Troubleshooting• Topic A: Network Troubleshooting Models
• Topic B: Network Troubleshooting Utilities
• Topic C: Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
• Topic D: Common Connectivity Issues
Appendix A: CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-005) Objectives Mapping
Appendix B: CompTIA Network+ Acronyms
Appendix C: Network Fault Tolerance Methods
Appendix D: Disaster Recovery Planning